Wednesday, October 24, 2007

I'm afraid to go to my endocrinologist. I might even find a new one, so I don't have to see mine again. I have not seen him for a year, when I was supposed to come back after 3 months. I couldn't afford the co pay, for the visit, or for the thyroid meds. I am sure that at least part of my depression is because my thyroid is out of whack. I know I feel better when I do take synthroid, but I am embarrassed that I can't even afford the co pay. And, even if I could, I'd have to take the kids, which the Dr. hates. He is single, and has no kids, so he has no realistic idea of what my life is like. He told me I should work out for 2 HOURS everyday. At the point he told me that, I had a 4 week old baby, a toddler, & a 9 year old. when was I going to fit 2 hours in? Oh, I could have given up the 4 hours of sleep a night I was getting total. Not that I get much more now, but now they are usually in a row, instead of in 40 minute increments :) . I know I need to work out, and I try. But, since I feel so crappy, it is hard to get motivated, evn though I know excersize helps you feel better. What I am going to try & do is have the office call in a blood test & prescription for me, then start taking meds again. As I feel a bit better, I will add more movement to my daily routine. I have already been trying to eat better, more veggies, & less junk. I need to lose 60-70 lbs. Even that will leave me overweight, but much more towards healthy. Surprisingly, my Blood sugar is fine, my heart is fine, my cholesterol is fine. I am healthy, even thought I am fat, & out of shape. I'm depressed, but I'll be ok. I've been through this before, I'll go through it again. Even though I am stressed with the kids, they are my reason for living, for getting out of bed everyday. If I didn't have them, I would have self destructed a long time ago.

3 comments:

Pollyanna said...

Alright, you need a new doctor, in my humble opinion. Any doctor who looks at a young mother with a ton of kids and wants her to exercise for 2 hours a day is out of their ever loving mind. You need a family friendly doc ASAP. And you need to make whatever sacrifices need to be made in your budget and get your meds and fast! You would probably feel lots better if you had your tyroid medicine. I have heard when you don't have it and you need it that it can cause all kinds of problems!!!! Take care of yourself, Violet. If you are falling apart how will you take good care of your kids. The only way you can be the best mother that you can be is if you take care of yourself FIRST!!!!!!!!

Violet said...

I'm trying. I found a new endocrinologist, and will be going in on Nov 9. I have to do some blood tests next week, and he will have the results befor I even see him. My mom has offered the money for my dr visits & my thyroid meds, until we can figure it all out ourselves. The best part? When I called, I told them I would have to bring my kids with me, and the receptionist said that they ALWAYS have kids there, so it's no problem. I'm guessing this practice is geared towards younger patients. So, we're working on a solution. Within a month or so, I will probably be feeling MUCH better

Pollyanna said...

I have been thinking about you. I am so glad you found a new doc!!! And that your mom is giving you some $$$$ to take care of yourself. That is so important. Keep me posted on how things are going.