Tuesday, October 2, 2007

My job is in retail, which I sometimes love, & sometimes hate. I've been at my store for 5 years, so I make a pretty good amount of money hourly, better than I made when I worked in an office, actually. Also, since I have been there a long time, I am afforded a certain amount of leeway. I pretty much do a management job, and I have been told that when I come back full time, I would be promoted soon. The problem is that even with a promotion, and a raise, I would actually end up LOSING money due to 2 kids in daycare. I have told my company how much I need to be able to be back full time, and they are not willing at this time to pay it. Maybe in the future, but not now. So, essentially, I work to keep food in the house, and gas in our car.

2 comments:

Pollyanna said...

ohmyword, I sooo understand that. I didn't go back to work full time until both the boys were in school full time because I wouldn't even break even otherwise. At least you have a job where you can work when your husband is home so you don't have to worry about daycare. If it makes you feel any better I am working full time now and we are STILL flat broke. I think it's the American way.

Violet said...

It is, I think. It gets worse when you have kids, I think. I meaan, I could live on macaroni & cheese & ramen noodles forever, but My kids need to eat better than that. If we could just get our debt paid, we would be a lot better off. Everything is just so tight, if one of us lost our job, we'd be screwed.