Saturday, November 24, 2007

This was out first Thanksgiving since my aunt L died in July. She & her daughter C spent most holidays with us, so this one was really hard. She was very missed. C spent Thanksgiving with us, as usual, but said that she is going to visit her half brother & his family in Washington for Christmas, as it is really hard this year. L was a special woman, and her death was unexpected. She went into the hospital for minor surgery, then died. She was only 62. She was another mom to my stepsister, another "grandma" to my kids (as she had no grandkids of her own), and a best friend to my mom. We missed her a lot. We talked about her a bit, but stopped because everyone was crying. It just isn't fair.

We are all doing ok though, and a cool thing happend. I won an 80GB IPOD! I wanted one for a long time, but couldn't justify the frivolous expense. There is a lot I could do with $250. :) But, now one is on it's way to me! What a great holiday surprise.

1 comment:

Pollyanna said...

Death is so hard. And so are first's after you lost somebody.

Congrats on winning an IPOD! That is awesome.